1.05.2010

First Christmas!

This year will be remembered as Amber's first Christmas! Although she won't remember it, her parents will :) She is most definitely our present this year and for the rest of our lives! What a sweet, precious, happy gift we could ask for. Each year Ricky and I buy and ornament that represents something that happened within the past year. For example when we became homeowners we bought an ornament that looks like a house that says new home. Last year we bought a person in an taekwando outfit since we started that and this year we bought a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament!

We had a great Christmas as just the 3 of us at home. We were pretty much snowed in, so we got a lot of quality time with each other, it was a lot of fun. Amber actually ripped a little paper off her gift on Christmas morning :) In her stocking she received a book that explained what Christmas was all about. That even though it is fun to have Santa, cookies, Christmas music, etc. it is really about Jesus.

We are in Memphis right now and having a lot of fun. Amber got to meet Eleanor Hays, who is just adorable! Amber turned 5 months old and I can't believe she is that old already. It truly goes by so fast!!

I can't believe that it is the year 2010! It will be an exciting year as our daughter will turn 1 and I will turn 30....YIKES!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

1 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

Aww..Eleanor enjoyed meeting Amber too. I had that same realization around new years...both Ryan turns 30..then me...and then our baby will turn 1. What a year it will be!