8.28.2008

Where did the Summer go?

The summer has just flown by! I feel like just a few days ago we were shoveling snow from our driveway. Now when I say we, what I really mean is Ricky :)

The summer was great. Families got to come and visit and we even have some coming this weekend, so that's exciting! We got to go to Worlds of Fun, to our local water park, bowling for a cause, saw movies, went camping and of course played tons and tons of "Settler's of Catan" board game, of course with all the expansion packs with our friends. We have gotten closer to some good friends from church so that has been a lot of fun!

The joys of being a homeowner also took their toll on us this summer. We were going to use our incentive check from the government to build a deck, however our air conditioner wasn't working for a bit. So we thought we were going to have to purchase a new one. Fortunately, I found a really trustworthy AC man and he fixed it for us. We still just put that money in savings cause we just don't know about are AC, it is original to the house so it is at least 25 years old. We just recently had to replace a spring on Ricky's garage door. We haven't yet but we need to do some repair work on a front porch/stairs. Some of the concrete has fallen off, it looks like it has been patched before, so that's are next step. I have decided I really don't know if I like being an adult. Can one be an adult without those responsibilities?

Don't get me wrong, I really love the house we are in and it is the perfect size. It could be much worse. It's just it seems like there is always something to do to it, but I guess that's with everyone.

Fall's coming up pretty soon, so that means, lots of leaves to rake, my birthday, Pumkin Fest, eating pumkin seeds, cooler weather, and Thanksgiving!

Until next post have a great day!!

Love ya,
Ashley

0 comments: