7.29.2008

Getting paid to shop...

Hey Everyone,

I can't believe it is almost August! It feels like yesterday we were shoveling snow off the driveway!

Ricky and I are getting excited because this weekend his family is coming to visit us for a week. We always have a great time with them. I'm sure I will have some pictures to share a little later.

Also this weekend our church is participating in the Beth Moore Simulcast. I am excited about that. I have signed up to help work at this event in our church. I am on the setup/cleanup crew and on the follow up team. Setup/cleanup is self explanatory but the follow up team you might have questions. As did I. Basically we will follow up on the visitors that come to the Simulcast. By writing them a note or calling them a little later on in the week. In addition to that, if someone goes forward during the invitations, we are to follow them down and help them out. Is anyone else doing the Simulcast at their church?? I know a bunch of Bellevue people are going to the actual place that she will be at in Louisville, KY.

Alright so at this point you are thinking what does the title of this blog have anything to do with what I am reading? I am fixing to answer your question. My boss has also commented about how she just loves my earrings that I wear. She is always asking where I get them. Well today she said that she would pay me gas money, $20, and of course pay for the earrings, if I went earring shopping for her. Well what girl can turn down shopping?!?! So of course I said sure! So I'm going to get paid to shop for earrings!

I guess thats all for now. We are testing for our high green belt next week, so Rickys family will get to see that. We are green belts now and the next level up is just high green. You keep the same belt but you get to add a stripe to your belt and that makes you high green.

Have a great week everyone!!

Love,
Ashley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so fun that Ricky's family is coming to visit! Amanda and I were supposed to go to the Beth Moore simulcast at First Assembly this weekend, but now that Josh will be out of town I don't have anyone to watch Katie :( Oh well. I hope that you have a great time, and I am glad you explained what a follow-up person was :)
love ya!
Annie

Jenny Thomas said...

It sounds like your having a great summer! I was just thinking about you today... We are finishing up painting our house and I'm about to start trying to get it all decorated and I though... hmmm.. I wish I knew an interior decorator that could help me.... so I'm going to need you to come back in town :)
Jenny Thomas

Anonymous said...

We ran into your mom, Glenn, and your maw at Old Country Store in Jackson. We were buy Jayna a horse trailer (long story). They told us they were planning on coming up. Looks like you might have the "family express" for a while. We are still planning on coming up. We still don't have our RV back. Now they won't answer our calls.

I loved the pictures of your camping trip. Aside from the ticks, looks like you had fun. I dont' think its been as hot up there as it has been in Memphis. Its going to be 100+ all week. I need to be in the Smokies!

Anonymous said...

Ric & Ash
Happy anniversary !(Aug 7th)
Love you kids.

Hope the Bells made it ok. I know ya'll will have a good time. Remind "Na Na " of the low speed limits there! :0)

I was reading your blog and jumped over the the Hays...wow what memories "Jerry's" snowcones.

Love ya,
Dad